Public House General Manager
Oakshire employee classification
$12/hr + tips
Position Objective: Oakshire exists to create and share great beer experiences. Pubtenders on the Oakshire Public House team provide direct service to Oakshire guests in order to create and share a great beer experience for every guest visit. Service includes welcoming, educating, serving beer for on-premise and selling beer for off-premise consumption. Pubtenders perform a variety of roles both inside and outside of the Public House.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide friendly, knowledgeable and comfortable customer service to all guests.
- Greet all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness and ensure they have a positive experience.
- Clearly communicate current information on Public House processes with all guests, including offering a clear description of ordering systems.
- Clearly communicate beer information – styles, descriptions, and background to customers.
- Accurately and enthusiastically talk about Oakshire’s beers, people, processes, and company history.
- Be kind, patient, positive, and ready to serve.
- Prepare & serve all beverages in a manner consistent with Oakshire, local, state, and federal standards and laws.
Public House Operations
- Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts ready to work.
- Thoroughly understand the importance of meticulous hand hygiene, with use of frequent and proper hand washing.
- Execute the Oakshire Public House service program, which provides a comfortable, attended, beer-drinking establishment loved by the Oakshire community near and far.
- Understand and execute all Stand Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Operate the Point of Sale (“POS”) system in an efficient manner and with the goal of 100% accuracy.
- Clearly communicate current health and safety information with all guests, as pertinent to their experience at the Public House.
- Understand and enforce physical/social distancing rules in a kind but firm manner.
- Prepare work area for opening and closing, following all items on daily checklists.
- Complete side work as time is available, following daily checklists.
- Complete cleaning tasks in accordance with duty rosters and cleaning standards.
Watershed Market – Beer2go, kegs and merchandise with the Oakshire Public House
- Work shifts in the Watershed Market, including filling corn keg and selling packaged beer, merchandise, and kegs.
- Properly complete all OLCC keg-sales paperwork and keg deposit/return functions.
- Actively engage verbally with customers while maintaining appropriate distance at all times.
- Kindly educate and direct donation and sponsorship requests to Oakshire’s website, in addition to processing donations when they are ready for pickup.
- Safely drive the company vehicle for home beer deliveries and adhere to associated health and safety standards.
Field Marketing – Events at retail locations outside the Oakshire Public House
- Work local tastings, festivals, and events in the trade as scheduled by the Public House General Manager and Field Marketing Manager
- Ensure that all items needed to execute a successful tasting/festival/event are ready and stocked, per the checklists.
- Arrive on time, prepared, and ready to work.
- Have a full understanding of the goals for the tasting/festival/event.
- Have an enthusiastic, positive, and professional demeanor during set-up, the event, and breakdown.
Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
Required Skills and Traits
Performance of this job will be reviewed in light of ability to maintain the following
- Healthy interest in and knowledge of artisan beer.
- Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Flexible and willing to embrace frequent changes as they come, with the utmost positivity.
- Ability to learn, understand, and prioritize comprehensive hazard and safety programs, and current procedures related to COVID-19.
- Desire to expand knowledge about artisan beer and brewing production, especially as it pertains to Oakshire, and to actively engage in on-site continuing education.
- Unwavering positive attitude and commitment to creating and sharing great beer experiences.
- Exceptional verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills. Non-verbal communication skills include tone, timing, eye contact and personal presentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work closely, but safely, with fellow team-members, supporting each other as needed.
- Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks, while maintaining priority focus on each guest’s experience.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate reaction to and perception of one’s own communications and the communications of others.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, swing or night shifts.
- Ability to stand and work on feet for over 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to work in a loud environment with alcohol service
- Follow all Federal, State, and local laws.
- Follow all guidelines in the Oakshire Employee Handbook
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Three years of customer service experience
- OLCC Servers Permit
- Flexible schedule with availability to work short notice on-call shifts
- Valid Oregon Driver License and clean driving record
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and work with various chemicals safely and per standardized operating procedures.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a cold environment.