Brewfare Kitchen Manager
Oakshire employee classification
Part-time, hourly at-will employment
$17/hour + tips
Positive, responsible and engaging. You have experience in food and beverage service, or have customer service skills and a desire to learn. You have a healthy interest in craft beer and you’re particularly interested in working for a company that makes its own products. You are excited about pizza and crafting a quality product for guests. You are flexible, can work well as a part of a team and individually. You feel confident engaging customers, and have experience creating positive guest experiences. You have basic cooking skills, are personable, and like to have fun at work.
A community inspired small batch brewing company with a 15-year history, one production brewing facility, and two unique taprooms. We’re past the stage of wanting to be a really big craft brewery because we’ve found real creative freedom at a sweet spot between 5,000 and 10,000 beer-barrels (BBLs) of annual production, with significant volume moving directly to consumers through our taprooms. We’re a creative, team-oriented, maker-driven company that strives to create great beer experiences that include food, entertainment, comfortable environment, friendly staff, and Oakshire beer.
Oakshire exists to create and share great beer experiences. As a Brewfare Cook, you will work to create quality food that takes a great beer experience to the next level. In prep you will be responsible for following recipes to make dough, sauces, and prepared meats as well as prepare the kitchen for daily operations. In service you will be executing the preparation and cooking of pizzas & salads as well as performing basic customer service functions when guests pick up their pre-ordered & paid transaction.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Brewfare Pizza Kitchen
- Be proficient in basic cooking principals including but not limited to dough mixing, sauce/dressing making, & pizza cooking.
- Be able to read/understand/speak English instructions.
- Have a commitment to consistently creating high quality food items while following easy to read instructions/recipes.
- Maintain a clean workspace.
- Perform basic food preparation tasks to specifications.
- Proficiently execute opening and closing lists to ensure the running of an efficient kitchen space.
- Obtain an OLCC Server permit, and properly check ID for fulfillment of packaged beer orders.
- Provide friendly, knowledgeable, and comfortable customer service to all guests.
- Greet all guests with enthusiasm and friendliness, and provide a great experience.
- Clearly communicate current information on Beer Hall processes with all guests, including offering a clear description of ordering systems.
- Be kind, patient, positive, and ready to serve.
- Prepare & serve all beverages in a manner consistent with Oakshire, local, state, and federal standards and laws.
Beer Hall Operations
- Arrive on time and ready to work for all scheduled shifts.
- Thoroughly understand the importance of meticulous hand hygiene, with use of frequent and proper hand washing.
- Understand and execute all documented recipes, process and Stand Operating Procedures (SOPs) at all times.
- Learn and retain basic knowledge of POS operations to help facilitate order issues.
- Understand, follow and enforce current and changing physical/social distancing rules, as well as mask requirements, in a kind but firm manner.
- Prepare work area for opening and closing, following all items on daily checklists.
- Complete side work as time is available, following daily checklists.
- Complete cleaning tasks in accordance with duty rosters and cleaning standards.
Additional responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
This is a part-time position; approximately 25-35 hrs per week. Candidates must have flexibility to work morning, days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Desired Skills and Traits
- Healthy interest in artisan beer.
- Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Flexible and willing to embrace frequent changes as they come, with the utmost positivity.
- Ability to learn, understand, and prioritize comprehensive hazard and safety programs, and current procedures related to COVID-19.
- Desire to expand knowledge about artisan beer and brewing production, especially as it pertains to Oakshire, and to actively engage in on-site continuing education.
- Unwavering positive attitude and commitment to creating and sharing great beer and food experiences.
- Exceptional verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills. Non-verbal communication skills include tone, timing, eye contact, and personal presentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to work closely, but safely, with fellow team-members, supporting each other as needed.
- Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day, minimizing transition time between tasks— while maintaining priority focus on each guest’s experience.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate reaction to and perception of one’s own communications and the communications of others.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, swing, or night shifts.
- Ability to stand and work on feet for over 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to work in a loud environment with alcohol service.
- Follow all Federal, State, and local laws.
- Follow all guidelines in the Oakshire Employee Handbook.
Required Minimum Qualifications & Experience
- Two years of customer service and/or fast casual kitchen experience
- OLCC Servers Permit
- Multnomah County food handler’s card.
- Weekend Availability (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) required. Flexibility in schedule with availability to cover shifts on short notice desired.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors, and work with various chemicals safely and per standardized operating procedures.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a cold environment.
Compensation and Benefits
Oakshire offers competitive wages consistent with experience level. Oakshire also offers robust benefits packages that are job classification determined and may include:
- Health insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan + employer matching
- Employee discounts
- Paid time off
- 6 paid holidays per year
We’re excited to meet you! Oakshire Brewing is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals. We will consider all people – minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with disabilities no matter their sexual orientation or gender identity.