Oakshire Production Facility, Eugene, OR
Oakshire employee classification
Part-time, 32 hours per week.
The Packaging Assistant position is a labor-intensive and physically demanding role who works with the Lead Brewer and other Packaging Assistants to ensure all Oakshire beer is packaged in cans, kegs, and bottles in a clean and consistent manner, adhering to the standards of Oakshire. The duties of the Packaging Assistant include work on the the canning line, keg washer, and bottling line, as well as building distribution orders and beer delivery to the Oakshire Public House in Eugene and Beer Hall in Portland. Each Packaging Assistant is expected to learn and execute each of the packaging roles and to work with other Packaging Assistants to ensure accurate completion of all Packaging team tasks. If you love beer, think you fit the following Packaging Assistant Job Description, and want to be a part of a hard-working, independent and growing company, please apply – we can’t wait to meet you!
Position: Packaging Assistant
Job Description Date: April 4, 2021
Supervisor: Lead Brewer
Oakshire Employee Classification: Part-time, approximately 32 hours per week.
Position Objective: Effective and efficient completion of all assigned tasks in the Packaging Assistant role.
Required Skills and Traits:
Performance of this job will be reviewed in light of ability to maintain the following:
- Unwavering positive attitude and commitment to packaging the highest quality beer.
- Motivated, hard-working, and demonstrated ability to learn and follow standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Exceptional verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to efficiently manage competing priorities throughout the day while minimizing transition time between tasks.
- Ability to recognize and anticipate reaction to and perception of one’s own communications and the communications of others.
- Ability to learn and follow comprehensive hazard and safety programs.
- Ability to recognize maintenance issues.
- Ability to perform laboratory skills associated with beer production, packaging, and quality.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including day, swing or night shifts.
- Ability to feel comfortable working with multiple types of machinery in a given day.
- Mechanical skills sufficient to diagnose small maintenance issues.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Positive Attitude
- Willingness to work at a fast pace, yet be precise in daily tasks
- Flexibility of schedule
- Desire to learn
- Strong work ethic
- Oregon Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Ability to work between three Oakshire facilities
- Fork Lift experience encouraged but not required
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee in the position described to perform the position’s essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Those physical demands include:
- Frequently sit, stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk and hear, twist and bend, and stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 pounds and move kegs which may weigh up to 165 pounds using traditional lifting methods.
- Ability to be frequently exposed to wet conditions, strong and sometimes disagreeable odors and occasionally caustic chemicals.
- Ability to work near moving mechanical parts, to work in a moderate noise level using hearing protection, and to work in a cold environment.